Introduction to Gardening Workshop0
NOTE: This particular class has been postponed due to low enrollment. Don’t worry… we’ll have more options. Soon!
I’m thrilled to announce that Arcadia Farms will be hosting an Introduction to Gardening Workshop on Saturday, March 22 from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm at the Holiday Inn West in Kalamazoo! Participants must pre-register at www.arcadia-farms.net/classes.
If you’re a new gardener who’s had a difficult time getting started, or if you’ve always wanted a garden but don’t know where to start, this class is for you!
Participants will learn…
- Basic gardening terms
- The best place and method for gardening at their location
- Plant combinations to avoid or to encourage
- Organic methods for growing, fertilizing and protecting their crops
- How and when to both select and start seeds
- How to transplant seedlings into the garden
- How and when to water, weed, fertilize and apply pest control
- How to make compost and use it in the garden
- Resources for further study and support
We’ll have hands-on exercises to increase your comfort level. You’ll go home not only with one or two starter seedlings, but also with the inspiration and confidence you need to make this year’s garden a success! I hope you’ll consider joining us or passing this information on to a friend who may be interested.
The cost is $32 per person and space is limited. For a printable flyer, click here.