Green Eggs & Ham Popovers Recipe0
St. Patrick’s Day is one week away. And earlier this month some of us celebrated the birthday of children’s author Dr. Seuss. To celebrate both I’ve created a green eggs and ham pop-over recipe that’s family friendly and dye-free. Our kids loved them! Consider adding these tasty green egg pastries to a St. Paddy’s day brunch or even dinner.
You could eat them here… or there… or anywhere!
Scroll down for the recipe.
Hands-On Time: 5-10 Min Cook Time: 10 Min Yield: 24
- 2 cups spinach, firmly packed
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup diced ham
- 1 cup cubed cheese
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 4 tbs butter
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Slice butter into small slivers and divide evenly into cups of a muffin pan. Place the pan into the oven to melt the butter.
- Meanwhile, add eggs, milk and spinach to a food processor and process on high until thoroughly blended. Remove muffin pan from oven.
- Pour egg mixture into a large mixing bowl and whisk in flour, salt and pepper until blended.
- Pour egg and flour mixture into muffin cups, filling them halfway.
- Add ham (3-4 pieces) and cheese (1-2 cubes) to each muffin cup.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until popovers rise and cheese melts. Immediately after removing from the oven and run a butter knife around the edges of the popover to separate from the pan. Remove popovers.
- Repeat the process until egg batter is gone (usually 2 dozen popovers).
- Serve warm or allow to cool and then store in an air-tight container in the fridge for eating within 24 hours.